|Posted on January 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM|
(Above) A purple Los Angeles Kings jersey concept by me in NHL 14.
- Purple is the colour of royalty. It would be pretty fitting considering they're called the "Kings".
- The colour purple is the only colour that hasn't been taken by an NHL team. As displayed below, the Toronto Maple Leafs are blue, the Detroit Red Wings are red, the Boston Bruins are yellow, the Dallas Stars are green, and the Philadelphia Flyers are orange.
- It would get a lot of hype!
- Purple is too bold a colour to not be used by an NHL team. Someone will use it eventually. Why not LA?
- They will be much better than these...
- Here is a great full concept by Steven Grant.
- The Kings just won the Stanley Cup in their black, grey and white uniforms.
- From 1967-1988, the Kings used a purple/gold colour scheme. Some fans loved it, while others hated it.
Should the Los Angeles Kings go retro and back to purple? Vote here!
EDIT: Something like this would be awesome.